Textbooks with discount
As a student you never have enough money, so we offer discounts on textbooks up to 18%! The book sales will be held in the first weeks of every semester. We sell books for all courses of the bachelor program of Communication Science. You will find your booklist in the course catalogue. Fill in which course you are going to follow. Under the heading ‘student materials’ you will find the titles of the required textbooks.
To buy your books with a discount, you must be a member of Mercurius. If you are already a member of Mercurius, you can purchase your textbooks via this link for pick-up or this link for home delivery. You can become a member via our website or during ordering your books. All textbooks are listed by year and by course. When your order is completed, you will receive an email with the date on which you can pick up your books. The pick-up point will be at the Athenaeum Bookstore near the Roeterseilandcampus (located at Roetersstraat 41). In cooperation with Athenaeum, Mercurius will make sure you always have the right books for a reduced prize. Follow the instructions below to order your books with discount.
Edit 2020-2021: Due to the outbreak of the corona virus, the book sales this semester are organized a little differently than you are used to from us. There will be two possibilities. The books you buy through our book sales (January 13 – January 24) can be picked up on February 1 at the Roeterseiland Campus. This will be entirely in accordance with the RIVM and government measures. During the book pick-up we will work with time slots. You will receive an email about this before the pick-up. If you know in advance that you will not be able to visit the campus, there is a second round especially for this group of members that will go through the university module of Athenaeum (15 January – 24 January). If you order during this round, your books will be delivered to your home. Prices depend on the region of delivery.
IMPORTANT POINT 1: Due to high demand at PostNL and all the problems that the corona virus and Brexit bring, it may be that your books are delivered on a different date than indicated.
IMPORTANT POINT 2: Option two goes through the university module. As a result, the discount is slightly less than normal because it is not linked to our study association. In consultation we were able to arrange a discount of 5% via the code SVMER20212.
IMPORTANT POINT 3: During option 2, do not forget to tick “Home delivery” and enter your address! There will be no physical pick-up for this round!
Book sales for the second semester have started and will end on January 24 at 23:59! So order your books on time!
2. There are four options. Select the following options: Mercurius – BA Communicatiewetenschap (NL) or BA Communication Science (EN) – Jaar (Year) – Semester 1 or 2.
3. Select the books that are required in your year. Select these books and press ‘Bestellen/Reserveren | Order’.
4. You can get discount when you order your books trough Mercurius. The only thing you need to do then, is become a member from our association. You can become a member by selecting below ‘optional course’ the fee you want to pay for 1 year (1 jaar), 3 years (3 jaar) or 4 years (4 jaar). If you select one of those options, dependent on how long you would like to be a member, you will be a member and get automatically discount. If you are already a member, press ‘Ik ben lid van deze vereniging en heb de kosten die ermee verbonden zijn betaald. | I am a member of this association and have already paid the fees associated with it.’
5. Press ‘Ga naar de winkelwagen | Go to shopping cart’.
6. Enter your data to register.
7. You can only choose the option to pick up your books in the Athenaeum Bookstore Roeterseilandcampus.
8. Choose your payment method. It is not possible to pay in the store.
9. After your payment, you will receive a confirmation. In this confirmation you will find more information about when, where and how late you can pick up your books. You can also follow us on Facebook for the latest updates of the book sales.
Do you have a question about the book sales? Please contact us by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Disclaimer: Teachers always have the right to change the required books after they had contact with us.