- Each year, Mindshare awards the Thesis Award to the best BA or MA thesis on the subject of media. The winner gets rewarded with a paid internship (for BA students) or a paid traineeship (for MA students) at the largest media company in the Netherlands. Does your story provide new insights for the media industry, or did you choose for an original point of view when writing your media-related thesis? Then you would be eligible to win the Mindshare Thesis Award.
- In addition, there is a chance that you get a job at Mindshare after your traineeship.
What is in it for you?
- The winner of the Thesis Award wins a paid internship or traineeship at Mindshare, giving you the opportunity to get to know the company and the media world, as well as gaining new experiences and expanding your network. During (lunch) breaks, you will also have the opportunity to impress everyone with your ping pong, foosball or basketball skills. We will challenge you! You will receive publicity in the large Mindshare network and your thesis will be brought to the attention of their clients (e.g. Unilever, Nike, KPN, ING, Volvo and Chanel) through their communication channels.
What are the requirements?
- The thesis has to be written during the current academic year and handed in at your course’s secretariat;
- The thesis needs to be accompanied by a separate summary (of max. 2 pages);
- Your thesis needs to contain a new insight/original point of view regarding media or persuasive communication, relevant to the current media industry and preferably a practically applicable method for companies regarding their marketing or communication;
- The thesis and summary (in PDF format) need to be sent to [email protected] before the end of the academic year. You will receive a notice of receipt by e-mail;
- The submissions will be judged by Mindshare. If your thesis finishes in the Top 3, you will be invited by Mindshare to further discuss your thesis. After these short meetings, the winner will be declared.
Mindshare is a media company helping their customers realize a large variety of goals on a daily basis. Using consumer, media and brand insights, Mindshare will find and use the right media and platform to help their clients reach certain communication and sales goals.
Everything begins and ends with media. We are currently living in the most advanced historical period. More technology. More speed. More channels. Every aspect of our lives is (re)shaped by changes in media. This has never happened before. We are enjoying words, images and stories more that we would ever had dreamt. It is Mindshare’s mission to – keeping this outlook in mind – connect brands and consumers with each other. They will not just look at paid media, but also optimalize the brand’s own channels.
All over the world, people tend to have more belief in each other than in media. That has always been the case. But because of the rapidly developing technology, a change might be coming. Opinions are spreading and multiplying like wildfire. According to Mindshare, the future of marketing is stimulating advocacy and managing conversations with clients in real-time. When communicating with current clients, the company’s own channels are essential. After that, Mindshare will look into what paid media can be of use. If campaigns are aimed at attracting new clients, paid media can be a better choice, after all. Mindshare aims to integrate all channels in their advice.
This means that you can expect Mindshare to provide deeper insights about consumers than the usual sociodemographic variables. It’s absolutely vital to know what consumers talk about and what they do. Ranging from what websites they are visiting to whatever they buy in stores and what they drink in their local bars. That is why Mindshare is looking for gamechangers, original thinkers.
Mindshare’s biggest competitive advantage are their passionate people. Without them, they would be nowhere. They have always been opposed to the establishment. They have always been pioneers and they are looking for people with the same mindset. Restless souls that would like to make the world a better place. Mindshare is looking for ambitious talents with numerous ideas, and that is why they organize this unique Thesis competition.
Take a look at their website and their blog and follow them on Twitter and Facebook.